Who can use PayPal to process ticket sales payments?
You can use PayPal as your Custom Payment Provider if you have a Business account with PayPal. If you do not have one of these, read how to set up a Business account with PayPal.
You will not be able to use a Personal PayPal account when integrating with your HeySummit event.
Please note that if you connect PayPal with your HeySummit event, you will no longer be able to use certain currencies. For a list of currencies that PayPal currently supports, you can check their article here. For easier access, we have also copied the currently supported currencies below (last updated on the 17th of March 2021). Note that a solution like Stripe provides even more currencies that are supported.
Australian dollar (AUD); Brazilian real (BRL); Canadian dollar (CAD); Chinese Renmenbi (CNY); Czech koruna (CZK); Danish krone (DKK); Euro (EUR); Hong Kong dollar (HKD); Hungarian forint (HUF); Indian rupee (INR); Israeli new shekel (ILS); Japanese yen (JPY); Malaysian ringgit (MYR); Mexican peso (MXN); New Taiwan dollar (TWD); New Zealand dollar (NZD); Norwegian krone (NOK); Philippine peso (PHP); Polish złoty (PLN); Pound sterling (GBP); Russian ruble (RUB); Singapore dollar (SGD); Swedish krona (SEK); Swiss franc (CHF); Thai baht (THB); United States dollar (USD).
Things to note
- You can't have both Stripe & PayPal connected as Custom Payment Providers - you will have to choose one or the other.
- If you use PayPal as your Custom Payment Provider System, you will be responsible for processing any attendee refund requests, directly from your PayPal account.
- Attendees will be able to pay either via PayPal or card at checkout. Do not forget to look into what payment cards PayPal accepts.
- Navigate to your Event Organiser dashboard and select Event Setup > Payment Methods. Click connect next to Paypal.
- Enter your PayPal client ID and your PayPal client secret. You can copy the links to your PayPal Dashboard directly from the setting area (see below - 'My Apps & Credentials'). Either click the link in the modal ('My Apps & Credentials') while logged into your PayPal, or in a separate tab, visit PayPal Developer and sign in to your account.
Click on Live then Create App.
Enter a name in the App Name field then click Create App.
Once that creates, you'll taken to a page where you can view your Client ID and reveal your Secret. Both of these codes need to be copied in full and pasted into the prompt on HeySummit.
3. Once you have pressed Save, your PayPal account should be connected. Any tickets that are sold after the connection was established will be visible in your PayPal account.
Read more about how to connect your Stripe alternatively.