More of a visual learner? Check out our video below:
- When setting up LiveWebinar for your live talks, begin by creating your host. To set up your LiveWebinar webinar host for your talk, go to Event Setup > Hosts.
- A host is someone that will host a talk for your event. If your talks are hosted live (as opposed to pre-recorded), you will need to make sure that you have connected one of the available webinar providers to a host.
- The host may or may not be the speaker or presenter of the talk, but they are required to connect to your webinar provider.
- To add a host, click on the Add Host button at the bottom of the page and enter their name and email information.
- Once the host has been created, you'll notice a link next to Connect Webinar Provider. Click this button to go to the Webinar Provider Settings page.
- On this page, you'll see the host you just added and underneath, three webinar platform options; Zoom. LiveWebinar and BigMarker. To connect LiveWebinar, click the LiveWebinar button. This should appear:
- Click Connect.
- Once you have connected your account, you will be sent back to HeySummit, where you'll now see that your LiveWebinar account is marked as Active.
Speaker and Talk Management
- Now that you are linked to your LiveWebinar account, you can create your first speaker and talk. A speaker is a guest you invite to speak during the online conference you are conducting; a talk is their presentation.
- To add your speaker, return to the menu in the left sidebar and select Content > Speakers. In the new window, click the Add Speaker button located at the bottom of the screen.
- In the speaker form, you must set the speaker's name and email address at a minimum.
- To add your talk, return to the menu in the left sidebar and select Content > Talk. In the new window, click the Add Talk button located at the bottom of the screen, then choose your speaker and enter the talk title, date, and time of the talk and, finally, select at least one category. Ensure the date is set in the future. The time for the talk is set by clicking on the timepiece icon below the calendar.
- Once the speaker and talk are created, return to the talks list and identify the talk you just created. To return to this window, click Content > Talks in the left sidebar.
- On the right-hand side of the talk, you want to connect to LiveWebinar and click the menu icon for the available actions you can perform. Click the Video Settings link.
- On the next screen, you have three options for broadcasting the talk. When using LiveWebinar, select the Live Webinar option. Next, select the host that you previously created and click the Save button.
- Once a host has been linked, HeySummit will automatically create and sync this talk to their LiveWebinar account.
- You do not need to enter the Webinar ID under most circumstances. HeySummit will coordinate with the video platform and create the event for you.
Suppose you are limited by your LiveWebinar plan on the number of attendees who can attend your talk live. That number is higher than the number of sign-ups. Please contact LiveWebinar for troubleshooting queries instead of HeySummit. Usually, all sign-ups would get an email with a live join link for the talk in question. Still, not all will choose to attend live (i.e., some would watch replays if they were available), so take this into account before contacting LiveWebinar.
Also, LiveWebinar does not pre-register attendees in the same way Zoom Webinar and BigMarker do. They are dynamically added when an attendee arrives on the talk page and enters the talk.
Note that attendee emails (e.g. Daily Digest, schedule, reminder and replay emails) never include the exposed links to webinars or livestreams for privacy reasons. The emails will only include the link to the HeySummit talk page where they will be redirected to the appropriate platform after clicking the "Watch now" button found there (if logged in with the correct ticket).
The only time your live sessions are embedded into the HeySummit page is when you're using our Pre-recorded option or our Custom Stream option with one of our supported live streaming providers, Vimeo or Youtube.