- Choose the talk you are looking to use WebinarJam for. If you are looking to set up a talk, select Content > Talk.
- In the new window, click the Add Talk button located at the bottom of the screen, then choose your Speaker and enter the Talk Title, Date, and Time of the Talk, and finally, select at least one category. Ensure the date is set in the future. The time for the talk is set by clicking on the timepiece icon below the calendar.
- Once that's done, return to your list of talks and identify the talk you just created. To return to this, click Content > Talks in the left sidebar.
- On the right-hand side of the talk, you want to connect, click the menu icon to display the available actions you can perform. Click on the Video Settings link.
- On the next screen, you have 3 options for broadcasting the talk. When using WebinarJam, select the Custom Stream option.
- Now, choose the Custom URL option and insert your custom WebinarJam URL in the box provided.
Things to note when you're using WebinarJam:
- Check the attendee flow
Since you aren't using a full integration, your attendees will not be auto-registered for your session within your video provider. They may be prompted to enter their details when joining the WebinarJam session.
- Share the link with your speakers
Before the session starts, make sure you send the session link to your Speakers. These emails don't get sent out automatically from HeySummit.
- Check-in early!
If you'd like a quick mic and camera check before the session starts, make sure you and your Speakers join before the session starts. Once the talk goes live at the scheduled times, your session will be accessible for attendees to join.
Additionally, know that your attendees will be redirected to the webinar platform once the session starts. The only time your sessions are embedded into the HeySummit page is when you're using our Pre-recorded option or our Custom Stream option with one of our supported live streaming providers, Vimeo or Youtube.