You're looking to collect some fast feedback from your audience and think about running a poll for this. Now you want to know how this is possible on your HeySummit event.
You have a few options here. Check out the possibilities and think about what will suit your needs best.
Use HeySummit's inbuilt Engagement Questions feature.
- Head to Engagement > Feedback Questions.
- Click on Add.
- Please fill out your Question, the Show on date, and make sure it's Active.
- Press Save.
- To review responses, head to Activity & Reporting > Engagement, showing the total responses and percentage of people who responded Yes to your question.
Top tip: Make sure you set up your questions in a yes/no format, as those are the only options your attendees have.
Use the polling features of your chosen webinar or live streaming provider.
Many webinar platforms provide a polling feature where you can set up questions and custom responses. Be sure to check out your chosen provider's help docs for some more info on what's possible and how to set this up.
Embed a poll you've made outside of HeySummit
There are many cool sites out there that let you create your own poll with custom settings and design themes. Once you've found the one you like, you can embed this in HeySummit.
- Create a poll with your chosen provider (make sure they provide an embed code before you whip it up - we'll need this later).
- Head to a page on your public event site while logged in as an Event Organizer or Team Member that has an Edit Page button in the bottom left corner and click this.
- Click on an +Add Component button in the center of the page.
- Click on the HTML option.
- Click on the Edit button of this new component.
- Paste the embed code that the site where you created the poll gave you into the Content field and press Save.
- You can click on Preview Page to take a look at your new poll.
Keep in mind if you embed a poll into a page of your event that isn't gated to allow ticket holders exclusively through, this poll will be accessible to all visitors to your site. Instead, you could create a custom Thank-You page that shows after a successful checkout and embed the poll there.
Include a poll link in one of your event emails
After you've created a poll on an external site, you could choose to share it via one of your event emails on HeySummit. Check out a list of the emails we send here and how to customize emails to include a link here.