Your talks are ready to go, but you realize your attendees are getting more emails from the HeySummit email templates than you intended, and you don't want to overwhelm them.
- If you are using Zoom to stream a talk, ensure you complete the following instructions, especially turning off automatic emails sent by Zoom. Failure to do this will result in email reminders being sent to your attendees by both Zoom and HeySummit.
- If your attendees are still receiving too many emails, head to Event Setup > Settings > Event Basics.
- Click on Update.
- Ensure you tick the box Attendees required to choose talks?
- If left un-ticked, attendees will receive email alerts for each talk of the summit, rather than the specific talk they intend to attend.
- If this still does not solve the issue, you can also turn off emails going out to attendees manually.
- Do this by heading to Event Setup > Email Templates > Attendee Emails > Manage Templates.
- Click on the '...' followed by Edit Record on the email you want to disable.
- Un-tick the Active? box.