You're setting up a session on HeySummit and realize you only want it to be accessible to a limited number of attendees. Maybe you want to hold just a small workshop, or make a key speaker's presentation more exclusive. Maybe you have a limited amount of spots because of your webinar license limits and don't want to disappoint people by letting more sign up than can get in. Whatever the reason, follow the steps below to put this in place.
- Head to Content > Talks.
- Click the three dots (...) next to the session you want to limit.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Enter the number you want under 'The maximum number of attendees that can attend this talk' field. If you don't want to limit registrations for this session, just leave it blank - no need to enter 0.
- Press Save.
- All set!
When a limit is reached, attendees won't be able to add it to their personal schedules through your event site.
This applies to replays as well as the live session. So, if you want to make recordings available to all, you can remove the number you entered in this field once it's wrapped up at its scheduled time.
Things to remember:
- You won't be able to use this feature if you have 'Register attendees for all talks' enabled under Event Setup > Settings > Event Basics.
- Consider noting the attendee limit in the session title or description. We'll let users know when the session is full but not how many spaces are left is there is any.
- If a talk limit is set and reached, then you try to import attendees attendees into specific talks, we'll skip importing them into sessions that reached their attendance limit.
- If attendees remove the talk from their personal schedule, we'll allow other attendees to sign up to the talk again until the limit is reached.
Webinar provider settings
Don't forget there might be attendee limits in the webinar provider, e.g. Zoom, BigMarker, too. Make sure that whatever you enter in HeySummit can be matched by your license.