After creating your event on HeySummit, you now would like to figure out how to use one webinar ID or livestream feed for all your sessions scheduled. Attendees can then stay on one video session the entire time.
Webinars and livestream content are not embedded in HeySummit session pages. Attendees will be re-directed to the appropriate platform and the session will start there when they click the 'Watch now' button found on the HeySummit session page at the scheduled start time.
You can configure your Video Settings on HeySummit so that attendees can stay on the same livestream or webinar session in the provider platform for every session, rather than navigating back to the HeySummit site to access the next session as they would normally.
If you are using one of our webinar providers:
- Make sure you have a webinar account already connected to your event (if you're using a webinar integration).
- Choose one of your session to start the process and head to Content > Talks > ... > Manage Talk > Live Sessions, select your Host and click Save.
- Once you have done this, after a few minutes this session should be automatically created and synced in your webinar account. You will be able to use its webinar ID to add to the other sessions. Copy the join link that will appear next to the session record when it's ready by right clicking on it.
- When you have copied this, head to the Video Settings > Live Sessions settings of your next session, select the same Host and then scroll to the Webinar ID field. Enter only the webinar ID part of the link you just copied (the number at the end) and click Save. This session will now use the same webinar feed as your first session.
- The session record you just updated will say "Syncing Webinar Join URL's".If it's ready and you refresh the page, it will then update to look like the first session you connected.
- Repeat Step 4 for every session you want to use the same webinar feed, using the same Webinar ID.
- When you're ready to go live, start the session in your webinar account.
Using this option, the Speakers for each talk should still have their own individual join links generated, but it's a good idea to double-check the session record in your webinar provider that this has synced properly and that they are all listed too. Speakers will receive their join link in their 24 hour and 1 hour reminder emails (if you have these templates set to Active). It will also appear on their Speaker Dashboard five minutes before their session is scheduled to go live.
Look to the bottom of this help doc for more important points.
If you're using a Custom Stream URL option or Youtube Live/Vimeo Live:
- Manually create a session in your video provider with the same start time as the first session scheduled in HeySummit that you want to hook up. When the join link is created, copy this.
- Head to Content > Talks > ... > Manage Talk for the first session.
- Select the middle option - Custom Stream.
- If you are using the YouTube Live or Vimeo Live option, enter only the video ID in the Video ID field. If you're using a Custom URL option, paste the whole join link in.
- Press Save.
- Repeat the process for your other scheduled sessions in HeySummit, using the same video ID or URL.
When using the Custom Stream option, Speakers are not sent join links by HeySummit. Remember to send this externally via your video provider or email.
Things to note:
It's important that you test out this set up before you commit to it. A great idea is to clone your real event to use for testing things like this away from the public eye.
Remember that once a session is started in the webinar provider or livestream provider, if you choose to keep it running for another presentation then your next speakers won't have an opportunity to get settled in within a practice room beforehand. It may be harder to run a smooth attendee and speaker experience with this type of set up, so make sure you're prepared for introductions and wrapping up each presenter slot to keep in line with your schedule.