Important notes on email deliverability:
Email deliverability is crucial to the success of your event. If you set up a custom email address, all event emails will come from there, including event critical emails such as our magic link sign-in emails for attendees. To that end, we encourage all Event Organizers to take the following steps to ensure the highest deliverability rate possible. Please note that we're not able to provide support on these steps as they are external to our platform.
- Set up an SPF record to allow emails to be sent from Amazon SES, our email provider. You can read more on Amazon's site here.
- Set up DKIM. We have an article with more information on that here. Note that if your company has implemented a strict DMARC policy, you will need to set up DKIM to ensure email deliverability with custom emails.
- You can see the current email address by going to the left side panel menu when logged into your event and selecting Event Setup > Settings > Custom Email.
- To create a custom email address using an email address already established using your domain, you can enter it in the Custom Email block.
- Once you enter your new email address, go to the inbox of that account and look for an email verification sent to you by Amazon.
- You must click on the verification link in order to activate your custom email. The verification link is good for one hour. If you do not verify the address within one hour, you will need to repeat the steps above. Your event emails won't send out unless you verify the custom email address.