You want to grow your attendee list by creating and sharing coupons.
- To create a coupon, as an event organiser, visit your Event Dashboard and then head to Revenue > Coupons.
- Give your coupon a title - this part is mandatory.
- You don't have to fill in the Coupon Code field - if you leave this blank then we'll come up with something random.
- You'll have to select the discount type - percentage or fixed discount. Once you've selected that, enter a figure in Discount Amount.
- If you want to make a coupon available to your speakers, tick the box Show to speakers?. Once ticked, the coupon will be shown to speakers in their dashboard along with a unique URL for them to share.
- You'll also have the option to the discount to only be applicable to restrict to specific ticket types and/or enter the number of coupons available.
- If you'd like the coupon to only be useable for a certain period of time you can fill in the Active from and Active to dates.
- If you enter a description it'll show up on the checkout page when attendees click the coupon URL or enter it in the coupon box while on the registration page.
- Press Save and you're all set.
Once you've created your coupon, you can start sharing coupons with your various audiences. You can even include the code ?coupon=XXXXX to the end of an affiliate URL you share (where XXXXX is the code of the coupon you want to share).
No matter where you send your audience to in your HeySummit site, if we detect a valid coupon in the URL we will store it in the users' cookies for 90 days, enabling them to browse the site and then make use of the coupon when ready.
If any purchases are made with this URL, you, as the event organiser, will be able to see which coupon was used to make the purchase, and you'll also be able to see which speaker made the referral.
Do note that for now, you can't set expiration dates on coupons. But here's one way you can go about doing things.
To set an expiration date for the coupon, head to Revenue > Coupons. Click on the ... next to the coupon and click Edit Record. and locate the Is Active? checkbox. Set yourself a reminder, and untick this box on the date you want the coupon to expire.
Here's a video on how to add and manage coupons.