You would like to grow your attendee list by creating and sharing coupons.
- To create a coupon, as an event organiser, visit your Event Dashboard and then head to Revenue > Coupons > + Add Coupon.
- Give your coupon a title - this part is mandatory.
- You do not have to fill in the Coupon Code field - if you leave this blank then we will come up with something random.
- Select the discount type - percentage or fixed discount. Once you have selected that, enter a figure in Discount Amount.
- If you want to make a coupon available to your speakers, tick the box Show to speakers?. Once ticked, the coupon will be shown to speakers in their dashboard along with a unique URL for them to share.
- You also have the option to the discount to only be applicable to restrict to specific ticket types and/or enter the number of coupons available.
- If you would like the coupon to only be useable for a certain period of time you can fill in the Active from and Active to dates.
- If you enter a description it will show up on the checkout page when attendees click the coupon URL or enter it in the coupon box while on the registration page.
- Press Save.
Once you've created your coupon, you can start sharing coupons with your various audiences. You can even include the code ?coupon=XXXXX to the end of an affiliate URL you share (where XXXXX is the code of the coupon you want to share).
No matter where you send your audience to in your HeySummit site, if we detect a valid coupon in the URL we will store it in the users' cookies for 90 days, enabling them to browse the site and then make use of the coupon when ready.
If any purchases are made with this URL, you, as the event organiser, will be able to see which coupon was used to make the purchase, and you will also be able to see which speaker made the referral.