You've got your basic settings all configured, and are ready to start adding components to your landing page, click on View Event in the top right corner of your user dashboard to take you to your public event site and get started.
The homepage is built of blocks that you can align and arrange on the page according to your needs. In the bottom left of your screen, click Edit Page to start customizing. You can edit, delete, and rearrange any of the components here.
Top Tip: Changes you make to your event homepage can take up to 10 minutes to update.
Here's a list of all the types of blocks that you can use on your Event landing page, each with a short description of their functionality:
- Text: Place simple text elements here
- Image: Upload or link an image
- Video: Link a video file
- Columns: Splits the block being edited/created into two side by side. This is used to house multiple block components, and further customize page layout.
- HTML Code: This block is for your custom html, this feature allows you to import your own logo or branding elements to be specifically styled with your custom CSS, if applicable.
- Component: This is the most varied option in the list, because there are a few more options after choosing Component in the choice of block type,
Once you choose a block type, click Edit in the bottom left of the block, and choose from the following options from the dropdown menu under Component:
- Event Countdown: Shows a timer in DD:HH:MM:SS format, counting down to the first active talk of your event.
- Attendee Registration Call-to-action: Invites page visitors who are not yet registered or signed in to input their email to book their place at your event.
- Featured Talks: Scrolls through talks you’ve marked as “featured”. Best used for featuring a small number of “talks” in your event.
- Speakers Grid: Static list of all the Speakers for your event (More help on Speakers here & help on Featuring speakers on landing page here).
- Notable Brands: Static list of companies included in your Speaker list (More help on Notable Brands).
- Main Sponsors: Scrolls through buttons that link to your event sponsors (More help on Sponsors).
- Sponsor Grid: Static list of all Event sponsors.
You can edit the sizing, spacing and alignment of your components with Block width, Spacing top & Spacing bottom, and Align respectively. If you don't want there to be any padding on the sides of your component, uncheck Use a container?.
Note: When troubleshooting spacing on your landing page, be sure to check the above component or below component.
When you're done formatting, you can click Save and continue editing your homepage further.