Twitch is where millions of people come together live every day to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment together. You can use our Direct Link integration, and use this platform with our Custom Stream option.
Following these instructions will mean your attendees are redirected to the Twitch website to view the stream. You can also embed your twitch stream in HeySummit's talk page so attendees won't be redirected to a third-party platform.
- After you have created your Twitch account you will need one of the third-party Streaming Tools. There are several to choose from - use whatever suits your strategy!
- For example, when using Twitch Studio Beta click Start Stream.
- Return to your channel page and copy the URL at the top left.
- Choose the session you are looking to use your webinar platform for if you are looking to set up a session, select Content > Sessions.
- On the right-hand side of the session, you want to connect, click the ... menu icon to display the available actions you can perform. Click on the Video Settings link.
- On the next screen, you have 3 options for broadcasting the talk. When using your webinar platform, select the Custom Stream option.
- Add the link to our Custom Stream option and select Custom URL
Click on Save, and you're all set!
When the session starts, your attendees will be redirected to Twitch. The only time your sessions are embedded into the HeySummit page is when you're using our Pre-recorded option or our Custom Stream option with one of our supported live streaming providers, Vimeo or Youtube.
- Check the attendee flow: Your attendees will not be auto-registered for your session. This means your provider might ask them for registration before joining the session. Check your session's settings if you'd like to turn this off.
- Share the link with your Speakers: Before the session starts, make sure you send the link to your Speakers. As some webinar providers don't have Speakers, these emails don't get sent out automatically from HeySummit.
- Check-in early! If you'd like a quick mic and camera check before the session starts, make sure you and your Speakers join before the session starts.