Setting up a pre-recorded session.
- Head to Content > Talk.
- In the new window, click the Add Talk button located at the bottom of the screen, then choose your Speaker and enter the Talk Title, Date and Time of the Talk and finally, select at least one category. Ensure the date is set in the future. The time for the talk is set by clicking on the timepiece icon below the calendar.
- Once that's done, return to your list of talks and identify the talk you just created. To return to this, click Content > Talks in the left sidebar.
- On the right hand side of the talk you want to edit, click the menu icon to display the available actions you can perform. Click on the Video Settings link.
- On the next screen, you have 3 options for broadcasting the talk. When using Vimeo, select the Pre-Recorded option.
- Now, choose Vimeo and enter the video ID in the box. The ID can be found like this:
- Go to the Vimeo page and find the video you want to put on your page.
- Once it is loaded, look at the URL bar and copy the numbers that come after the slash (/).
- Paste those numbers into the Pre-recorded video ID box as shown below.
- So for the video with a URL https://vimeo.com/51771300, the video ID is 51771300.
Important Mention: If you are using a Vimeo video from a folder, always look for the string of characters that contains numbers only.
Setting up a Replay
Note that Pre-recorded sessions will have their Replay automatically configured with the same video details. If you want to update Replay settings or configure them for a live session:
- Head to Content > Talks.
- Click on the three dots (...) next to your Talk.
- Click on Replay Details (this will only appear once your live talk started at it's scheduled time).
- Follow steps 6-9 above
- Don't forget to click Save and then preview your public page and check that the video is correct (view in Post mode to see the video).