You're on the Business or Success plan and are looking to connect your own Stripe account to your event in order to process all payments for your ticket sales. This way, you'll get your ticket profits sent directly to your own Stripe account when they are purchased, rather than having them paid into HeySummit and waiting for a payout on the first business day of each month (and for up to 60 days after the last payment was processed if you created your Event Organizer account after 6th Sept 2021). Assuming the custom Stripe account you connect is set up to receive money in the currency your attendees are charged (USD by default), your revenue will not be subject to currency exchange rates or foreign transaction fees.
Note: connecting your own Stripe account will mean attendees will no longer be able to pay by PayPal. You'll also have to process refunds for attendees yourself, instead of HeySummit doing this.
- Make sure you're logged into your event dashboard (using the original HeySummit subdomain rather than a custom domain - find out more about this here). You need to be logged in as the Event Organizer (account holder).
- Head to Event Setup > Payment Methods on HeySummit and click on the Stripe logo under 'Use your own payment gateway'.
- A new tab will open in your browser with Stripe where you'll have to enter the email address of your personal Stripe account that you previously set up. The next step will be to enter your phone number and the verification code that gets sent to you.
- Once you've logged in successfully, you can confirm the account you'd like to connect to your HeySummit event.
- When you're done, navigate back to Event Setup > Payment Methods on HeySummit and you'll see that the Stripe account is now Active.
You're all set.
If you're having any trouble connecting your Stripe account, check out this article to troubleshoot Stripe connection issues.