More of a visual learner? Check out our video:
- Click on Activity & Reporting > Attendees.
- Click on Import.
- Upload a .CSV file of the attendees you'd like to import. Click on the hyperlinked .CSV template (see screenshot below) to get a blank document you can add your attendees' names and email addresses to.
- Select the ticket you want these attendees to have. You want to ensure you only import attendees with the same ticket permissions in a single import session because you can only assign one type of ticket at a time, i.e., you should import Tier 1 ticket holders separately from Tier 2 ticket holders.
- You can also select the talks you want to be added to the personal schedules of the attendees. This is optional. If you select a restricted talk by the ticket you're assigning to them, they won't get access to this talk.
- You can also optionally link these attendees to an affiliate. This will mean that they'll be added to that affiliate's sign up list after you successfully import.
- Lastly, don't forget to confirm that all attendees have both opted in to receive marketing materials/ email alerts AND accepted your T&Cs/ privacy policies.
Imported attendees will automatically receive the 'You're in' email on the same day to notify them they've been registered. This email says hello, includes a link to the event, gives them a chance to amend their schedule. This is the only email we send to confirm registration to imported attendees, so make sure it's Active if you want them to know.
Wondering how imported attendees can log in? The same way other attendees can - check out this help doc.
Here are some things to check if you're having issues importing attendees:
- Make sure your .CSV file doesn't contain special characters (hyperlinked emails) and has the correct column headers as seen in the template or issues uploading the file.
- Your registrations might not be open. Head to Event Setup > Settings > Event Basics > Event open for registrations? Make sure this is checked. You can turn it back off again right after you're done importing.
- It could be that some of the attendees in your CSV have already been registered for your event. Check if they have an existing record with an incomplete purchase (e.g., Status being 'Checkout - Selected Content'). If they do, you can head to Activity & Reporting > Attendees to delete their record, then try again.