You want to grow your attendee list by creating and sharing coupons.
- To create a coupon, as an event organiser, visit your Event Dashboard and then head to Revenue > Coupons. Give your coupon a title and choose how much of a discount it provides.
- Once you've created your coupon, you can start sharing coupons with your various audiences. You can include the code ?coupon=XXXXX to the end of the URL you share (where XXXXX is the code of the coupon you want to share).
- No matter where you send your audience to in your HeySummit site, if we detect a valid coupon in the URL we will store it in the users' cookies for 90 days, enabling them to browse the site and then make use of the coupon when ready.
- If you want to make a coupon available to your speakers, tick the box Show to Speakers? when creating or editing a coupon. Once ticked, the coupon will be shown to speakers in their dashboard along with a unique URL for them to share.
- If any purchases are made with this URL, you, as the event organiser, will be able to see which coupon was used to make the purchase, and you'll also be able to see which speaker made the referral.
- Do note that for now, you can't set expiration dates on coupons. But here's one way you can go about doing things.
- To set an expiration date for the coupon, head to Revenue > Coupons. Click on the ... next to the coupon and click Edit Record. and locate the Is Active? checkbox. Set yourself a reminder, and untick this box on the date you want the coupon to expire.
Here's a video on how to add and manage coupons.